30 July 2012

My Childhood's Games

These are all games that I played and remember very well most from elementary school days.
This isn't to say I didn't play Saturn, N64, or Playstation or earlier consoles' not listed games. I had plenty of friends with those consoles. Still, if you don't own it, you don't become intimately familiar with a game's secrets and tricks.

DOS

I barely remember these, but as a tiny guy this is what was running on the ol' DOS box. 

The Island of Dr. Brain


Duke Nukem


Commander Keen


Crystal Caves


Break Free



Windows

We didn't have consoles growing up, but It was okay since I could still play killer games and be a Sonic fan on my home computer.

Sonic CD


Sonic 3 & Knuckles


X-Wing v Tie Fighter


Tomb Raider 2


Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine


Pod racer


GameBoy Color

Of course, the great power of the Color was it's backwards compatibility, letting you enjoy both the massive libraries of original and color games. Pokémon is here twice, because both of those Pokémon generation releases were massive, important, and occupied loads of my gaming hours.

Wario Land 3


Pokémon Red


Zelda: Link's Awakening


Pokémon Gold

No comments: