07 July 2009

Life is Exciting

As usual, it's been a long time since I last blogged. What's up with me? Well, my summer is totally awesome. It could be better, but that'd require I get the car fixed.

The 525i BMW is coming along steadily. If it would stop raining long enough for me to feel like working on the thing, it'd be done. The o2 sensor didn't seem to come off for my dad, but i'd like to spend a day doing it myself. I hate watching other people do work, and like even less having my father watch me do something. I don't know why, I just don't experiment or test things. If I'm by myself I try things out and learn more than watching.

Lena is wonderful. She's trying again to give up biting her nails. Her nails look so pretty all done up, I'm not used to it. We never seem to get very sick of each other. The summer gives us more than enough space, I could stand seeing her a little more often. In any case, I'm sure I could spend the rest of my life with her.

My birthday is nearing. 21. Woot, I can drink without anyone getting all weird on me! I'm not into getting drunk or partying, but a little drink now and then will be nice. I already re-upped on my driver's license. I needed a new card. I can't wait. I'm gonna have a little steampunk themed birthday soiree. Probably get some pizza, go in the pool, and watch steamboy. I've got a playlist all ready for it.

I've been listening to a lot of my Chromeo, Michael Jackson, and clubbing music compilatons. Bouncy summer music. Oh, and I liked MJ before he died. I'm not a wannabe fan. On the top of the list of music I've been into is the Air Gear anime soundtrack.

I've gotten re-obcessed with Air Gear. Kinda like how I got back into .hack, only better. I picked up the DVD set of the anime, mostly so I could have the english dub and the japanese sub. The english translation is really good, it's such a funny show with such good music. I rollerbladed over to barnes and noble's from my house yesterday. 4 1/2 miles each way.

I now know what second wind is like.

I picked up 4 of the Air Gear manga. Evan turned me to the manga via online scans. The story apparently is still going, and in japan is twice as long as where the anime stops. It is so much cooler, in depth, and the story is more beleivable. In general, the books are, again, better than the show, as with all things. I'm hooked.

Life is good. It's good to be working; playing; loving. Good to be alive.

No comments: